← Work


Project Athena

As a UX Design Intern at Intel, I worked on designing laptop connection experiences for Project Athena (From which the Intel Evo Designs were born).
My Role
UX Design Intern
My Team
Steve Brown - UX Design Manager
Sue Falkner - UX Research Manager
Saara Kamppari-Miller - UX Designer, Design Ops
Rebecca Jablonsky - UX Researcher
Work Duration
8 months (2021)
From May 2021 to December 2021, I worked as a UX Design Intern at Intel in their Client Computing Group (CCG) under the Research and Experience Design (RED) team. Essentially what this meant was I was working on designing experiences provided on Intel-powered laptop devices.

Read more

You can read more about Project Athena here


Due to privacy concerns, I can't share this work in it's entirety publicly. If you would like to see this work in more detail please feel free to reach out to me at 97chaeeun@gmail.com. :)
Other Things I Did
UX Research and Accessibility Auditing

As a part of my work, I was able to work on a 4 month long qualitative research study with the Intel RED UX Research team on college students with high-compute needs and their mobile device expectations in order to drive future Intel Project Athena priorities.

I also worked with the team's Inclusive Design Ops lead to build in new accessibility auditing practices to the team's design process.

What I've Learned
1. Software isn't a limitless solution to all problems.

One key experience I got at Intel was working to connect both software and hardware together to create a seamless customer experience. While I could design any number of software features, these all had tradeoffs in terms of battery performance, perceived latency, adoptability across computer manufacturers, etc. Creating a good experience that happens on any computer means balancing both the hardware and software tradeoffs of designs.

2. Accessibility audits needs to happen early and often

When I began realizing doing an indepth accessibility audit of my work, I began to realize that I failed to address problems that could have been addressed earlier on from recruiting a more diverse research participant pool, and even running my user flows across a wider set of users. Accessibility shouldn't be an afterthought, it should be baked into the process from the beginning.